Thursday, March 15, 2007

Whine whine whine...

Ok...so I have to start by saying..."I am soooo sick"!

I feel miserable! I don't know if it's a cold or allergies or I'm dying...I am so exhausted that I can't even see straight!

So, I had a pretty OK Day 3…I ate great…but I didn’t get my 20 crunches or 30 minutes of walking in…I just felt too tired…ugh…

So I had a conversation with Missy yesterday about the “Magical Breakfast Blaster” shake. Her mom…who is an endless source of knowledge on health issues…said that Soy Protein is in fact very bad for you…hmmmmm…so, I did a little research and it turns out that soy really isn’t as great as everyone says…now…I am fully convinced that everything in this country is a carcinogen and has the potential to kill you…and I mean everything…from burnt toast to cheerleader moms…but I found a website that lists the potential dangers of soy. I figure since I posted a “killer” shake…I’d better do my “due diligence” and post the website too!

http://www.mercola.com/article/soy/index.htm

On another note…another meal my You On A Diet book suggests is a Boca Burger on a Whole Grain English Muffin. Now, I’ve never had a Boca Burger or any other kind of meatless burger…truthfully I think it’s due to the fact that I picture only tree-hugging PETA freaks eating that crap…but since I am now trying to be a faithful subject to Dr. Oz (check out the Oprah website link)…I gave it a shot…here’s the thing…it tastes freakishly like a McDonalds hamburger…now…the question is…is this a salute to the people over at the Boca Burger plant or a red flag for the folks at McDonalds…I’m not saying, I’m just saying…

On another note, I have to post a recipe that Nikki (another co-worker…who ironically enough is married to Adam…the other co-worker I blogged about yesterday) brought in. I told her she was the Devil Incarnate because these bars were so damn good and probably so damn bad for you. She fed me a line of crap about how she made them with Wheat Flour and Oats, which are both really really good for you…I didn’t buy it…but I still broke down and had a small bite…


Oatmeal Caramelitas
Base
2 C. Flour (apparently if you use whole wheat it makes these healthy!)
2 C. Quick Cooking Oats
1 ½ C. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Soda
½ tsp. Salt

Filling
1 jar Smucker’s Caramel Ice Cream Topping
3 Tbsp. Flour
1 C. Semisweet Chocolate Chips
½ C. Chopped Nuts

Heat oven to 350 F. Grease 13 x 9 pan. In large bowl, beat base ingredients until crumbly. Reserve half of mixture for topping. Press remaining into bottom of pan.

Bake 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in small bowl stir caramel topping and flour. Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts over partially baked base. Drizzle evenly with caramel mixture; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.

Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan for about 1 hour. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until filling is set. Cut into bars and store in airtight container.

Make these and you too will be cursing Nikki!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Friend-
I just found out about your blog and I devoured the whole thing! I am going to look forward to reading this every day! It will be like watching The Office! You are so hilarious and put a lot of spunk into dieting! I feel motivated reading what you have written. If I find any good weight-friendly recipes I will send them your way! I know how hard dieting is and I wish you all the luck in the world. Happy dieting!

Anonymous said...

I vіsit day-to-ԁaу some blogs and websites to read pοstѕ, but this web sitе gives qualitу based articles.
cheap auto insurance -
cheap auto insurance

Alsο visit my web pаgе ... com.br