Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Date Night Disaster!


Well, I'm officially starting Day 3!

The good news...
Day 2 was pretty good...I wasn't as hungry as I was on Day 1....which is great! I even walked to the 4th floor twice, did my 20 crunches, and walked 30 minutes.

The bad news...
Every Tuesday is "Date Night" for Shawn and I. Now...if you've ever had the opportunity to live in Eau Claire, WI you will quickly find out that there is nothing to do in this town short of filling your face and binge drinking...

Yeah, about that....

So we started off by going to a little Greek dive with great food. I got the Gyro dinner...it came with a salad...great! So far so good! I ate the Gyro meat and only had about 1/4 of the pita...which looked suspiciously healthy anyways...it all went down hill when I ordered the Baklava...I stared at it through dinner...and then hopefully asked Shawn "It probably is not that bad right? I mean...it has walnuts in it...". Shawn, being the realist that he is promptly told me it was probably really bad...and me....well, being me, promptly ate it. I justified it by the fact that I had not had a snack that afternoon and did not order pop, but water...this is a ridiculous justification...I know...

After feeling horribly guilty, I suggested that we go to the gym (at work) and I walk 30 minutes. So away we went. I walked, watched a little Idol, made chit-chat with Adam (a co-worker who was also working out) and before I knew it, I was feeling great!

Not ready to go home, I decide to go to the local Mexican dive - aren't I cultured!? to get a $0.99 Margarita. Well, somewhere along the way the $0.99 Margarita turned into two mucho sized Margaritas, a Caramel Flan, and Chips and Salsa...I'm so ashamed!!!

So, I sit here today in guilt, pity, and a small hang-over and pledge to you...I will walk to the 4th floor 3 times, do 30 crunches, and walk for 40 minutes (hey, I'm only human!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, Everyone has their "bad" days which I don't think you had and shouldn't feel guilty about, but I think you and I need to work on the fact that only 2 margaritas put you under the table!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,

Did your day go better yesterday? I thought of you last night when I was working out...